Dr. Benzhong Xian
Ms. Yuan Wang
Abstracts and full-text papers
The International Society of Palaeogeography cordially invites palaeogeographers and experts of relevant disciplines to submit abstracts and full-text papers, and join the 4th International Conference of Palaeogeography.
(1) The requirements of the abstracts
Each abstract should include title, author’s name, author’s affiliation, abstract, keywords. Do not include figures and tables. For detailed requirements please refer to the typesetting pattern of the Journal of Palaeogeography.
(2) The requirements of the full-text paper
In order to improve the academic quality, all the applicants who prefer oral presentations should submit their full-text papers prior to July 1, 2019. For all the papers, please use the templates provided by the Journal of Palaeogeography. All the papers must be submitted in English with a quality of spelling and grammar suitable for publication, the sooner, the better. Chinese authors are also required to submit Chinese abstracts simultaneously.
After submission, the papers will be sent for peer-reviewing by the conference. Authors should revise their manuscripts according to the reviewing comments and send back their revised manuscripts to the conference on time. The revised papers, if being accepted by the conference, will be orally presented at the conference and will be published in the Journal of Palaeogeography. This is the most effective measure to promote the development and innovation of the Journal of Palaeogeography.
Awards for the best presentations by young scientists/students
The conference will award the best presentations by young scientists/students, with the following eligibility criteria:
(1) Authors should submit the full texts (in English) of their manuscripts according to the above-mentioned requirements, revise their manuscripts according to the reviewing comments and send back their revised manuscripts to the conference on time, and submit 5 copies of the full texts of their final manuscripts before attending the conference;
(2) Only the first (corresponding) author of a manuscript can apply for this award;
(3) The applicant should be less than 40 years old;
(4) The applicant should present the manuscripts at the conference orally.
(5) The winners’ papers will be published in the Journal of Palaeogeography.
Awards for the best presentations by young scientists/students will consist of a certificate, monographs, financial incentives, as well as exemption from the post-conference field excursion fee. If the winners submit their papers to other journals, the conference will cancel the awards.
The conference sincerely invites experts of palaeogeography and related disciplines to donate 5 copies of monographs as awards for the best presentations by young scientists/students.
Oral and poster presentations
Three days of conference will be scheduled on September 20th–22nd, 2019.
The technical programme includes oral presentations as well as poster presentations. Further details about the schedule will be provided in the Third Circular.
The official language at the conference is English.
Dr. Benzhong Xian
Ms. Yuan Wang